Mirrors are an easy way to make a drastic change to a room! Mirrors enhance natural light, make the room look and feel more spacious and bigger.
With so many styles to choose from you do not need to sacrifice your décor to suit a mirror. If your style is more industrial and modern look for similar features such as mirrors that have metal frames, a clean design, and high-polish finishes.
If your style is more earthy or rustic look for mirrors with wooden frames.
Here are some points to consider when hanging up a mirror on a wall:
- Beware of hanging mirrors on walls near or opposite of windows that catch the light of the rising or setting sun.
- Small mirrors are best hung on a small wall, and larger mirrors or oversized mirrors look better on a larger wall. You can create interest where it is practical by hanging up a mix of varying sized mirrors.
- Mirrors are a great way to make a room feel larger. And, according to the principles of Feng Shui, a mirror will amplify positive or negative energies in a space.
- Consider the eye-level height at which a mirror is hung. Hang a mirror too low or too high and you can make things visually uncomfortable, especially in dining rooms, bathrooms, and bedrooms.
Feng Shui is an ancient practice that originated in China and – within interior design - is often thought of as the art of placement. That is, understanding how the placement of you, objects and furniture within a space can affect your life, energy and experiences. In general, Feng Shui is simply arranging your home in a common-sense way that enhances the flow of your home.
What Is Feng Shui?
The philosophy of feng shui is a practice of arranging the pieces in living spaces in order to create balance with the natural world. The goal is to harness energy forces and establish harmony between an individual and their environment.
Where Feng Shui suggests hanging a mirror:
- Place a mirror on the wall perpendicular to your front door, not opposite it.
- Placing a mirror in your dining room will represent your capacity to hold wealth. Go big or go home.
- Ensure any mirrors that are on your walls reflect things you want more of, such as beautiful views, gardens or natural light.
- Mirrors should only be hung somewhere along the length of a hallway, not at the end of it, otherwise is can ‘slow’ the flow of energy in your house.
- Feng Shui teachings assert that a mirror in a living room can reflect either more people and positive energy, or negative energy, depending on the temperament of your guests within the room.
- Avoid hanging a mirror in the kitchen, as the rules of Feng Shui associate this placement with negative energy.
- Avoid hanging mirrors above a workspace, as it is believed to reflect (and double) your workload.
Whether you follow Feng shui or your own style reasoning on where to place your mirror I am sure it will look amazing and bring your home new light and joy.
If you bought one of our mirrors and would like to be featured on our social media tag us in your #mirrorselfie or send us a photo of the mirror in your space.
We love to see how our customers style their spaces with our products.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org