How to pick the right size mirror | Part 4
In part 3 we talk about entryway mirrors and mirrors above console tables. Another place mirror decor gets over looked is in the bathroom and bedroom.
Mirror size above bathroom vanity
Bathroom mirror, which is normally hung above vanity, is another functional uses of mirrors in your home.
When it comes to the mirror above vanity, the right size mirror should be long enough vertically to allow everyone a decent reflection. Typically, the mirror should not be wider than the sink or vanity. Basically, the mirror shouldn’t be conspicuously far above the sink nor, unless it is a very large mirror, too close to the sink.
As a rule, the mirror should be several inches less than the vanity or sink area. As an example, if you’ve chosen a 48″ single sink vanity, you should then select a mirror width (frame included) that doesn’t exceed 48 inches. To make sure the mirror doesn’t overpower the room, aim for 42-44 inches total.
Which Shape of Mirror Looks Best in the bathroom?
Mirrors come in all shapes, finishes, and sizes. As they say, your imagination is the only limit.
- More traditional remodelers may choose something rectangular or oval with a style that matches the rest of the room.
- You can have mirrors cut or built-in to fit perfectly into the space, utilizing the same molding or surrounding tile for a custom look.
- Modern homeowners will likely choose something sleek and minimal (maybe even frameless) and may opt for new technologies, like built-in lights or even mirrors that display the day's weather forecast.
- Creative types might choose a funky color or ornate shape to add interest and whimsy to their remodel.
- Frame or no frame? Frameless mirrors are a sleek design option if you don't want a heavy border around the reflection.
Your main concern will be that whatever shape or size you choose fits well with the dimensions available above your vanity.
Mirror above bedroom dresser
The bedroom mirror is one of the most functional mirrors in your home. Bedroom mirror is usually hung above dresser. But what is the right size mirror for above dresser?
First of all, you need to measure your dresser table before going to the furniture shop for choosing your dresser mirror. The dresser table must be wider and taller than the mirror to create balance between the two. The dresser mirror above balances the dresser; it’s not too big that it cannot fit on the dresser table and not too small that will topple with a slight movement.
Check out our range of mirrors and see what style will suit your decor goals!